Kal

When it Rains it Pours

In When it rains it pours on September 29, 2008 at 2:13 am

storm

 I can appreciate a good storm. It reminds me that I am still alive. If the sun were always shining, how could you ever appreciate it? If there were never struggles to overcome, what would the purpose in life be? Sometimes you have to look beyond the surface to find the answer.

I used to fight it. I hated thinking there were things going on in my life that I had no control over. But if a storm is coming, you’re not going to stop it. You can run from it but it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. So why not embrace it? Why not find the beauty in it? It has a purpose wether you see it or not- wether you believe it or not; wether you like it or not. The obstacles life puts us through can be overwhelming, especially the ones we have absolutely no control over. In the midst of the storm you can’t see the light shining beyond the clouds, but it’s there. And when it’s finally over, isn’t it empowering knowing you survived it?

My biggest challenge in life so far has been to accept the things I cannot change- to allow myself to be weakened and temporarily vulnerable. But when you come to terms with that hard fact of life and learn how to use the bad times to your advantage, you get one step closer to the rainbow after the storm. Everything falls into place and it makes it all worth it.

Advertisements
  1. So true. I am always saying embrace the good and the bad. Embrace what you fear about yourself, the fear of what you might find when truly looking in the mirror. Surpassing that denial and being able to look at your faults; increases self-awareness. It all works to make you a better person in the end. **and its totally the same with experiences. Embrace, figure it out and take nothing for granted! anyway i cant tell from ur sidebar how long you’ve been on wordpress. But hey! I’m new (started a blog last night) – ah this is turning into an entry all its own. 🙂
    lata.

  2. I totally agree lol. I am 24 years old and have been stubborn my entire life. If you asked anyone I know to describe me they would most likely say, “oh she’s really smart but she’s stubborn as HELL”. So that trait has followed me my whole life and I am JUST now trying desperately to cut it loose.

    Just lately I have been thinking about the things that are causing me the most stress. About 10% are things I can totally control but i’m a procrastinator and a perfectionist, I wait for perfect circumstances to make a move. The other 90% of things that make me want to rip my hair out and throw a full glass of pepsi into a wall are things I just seriously can’t control. And I dwell, dwell and dwell some more.

    I read a book last year (can’t remember the title but it’s very popular) and it said if 5 years from now you can look back on today and think “it wasn’t that bad” then why can’t you have that same perspective today? Why put yourself through hell? So it has taken me a year to finally grasp…..well, not grasp…..accept that concept. And humans cry, they throw fits, I feel like that’s necessary. It’s the lingering that causes all of the problems. Cry, kick, scream, throw your adult tantrum then put your big girl panties on and deal with it. My new motto for life. LOL.

  3. Most of my trying times have led to my most joyful experiences and greatest successes. Obstacles are opportunities in disguise.

    Denise
    http://www.successforrealpeople.wordpress.com

  4. We have all had our ups and downs in life. It is just the outcome that is different in each of our lives. The circumstances are all the same, just life deals us an uneven hand sometimes and it is just a game. Just keep looking ahead. Never regret anything that you have done and never live life in a bottle. The bottle can break when it gets too full. Take life in stride and go with the flow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: